What We Are Doing With Your Money
AUDIT & INVESTMENT
Mandi’s Cancer Aid Foundation is currently seeking an independent auditing and investment firm who will offer us their services free so as to manage our funds and keep us honest 🙂
On November 25 2012 our foundation held an awareness and fundraising Gala. The purpose of the Gala was to introduce the foundation and raise funds to:
- Operate a cancer support group
- Refurbish the breast cancer unit at Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH)
- Educate women on the importance Self Breast Examinations.
Despite planning the Gala in less than 5 weeks we were able to raise NGN 6,964,000. This included:
- NGN 1,000,000 from Ecobank, our Silver Sponsor
- Ticket sales
- Monetary donations from supporters in Nigeria, USA and the UK
- Advertising revenue
However, the short notice also had its downside i.e. we were unable to get free services and spent a whopping NGN 5,855,565 to host the Gala. Which means we netted NGN 1,108,435.
Despite all this we have been working hard click here to read what we’ve been up to.